Tate Exchange Level 5
5th March to 10th March 2019
Join the Digital Maker Collective, invited guest contributors and our community partners to campaign for a Beta Society and help us to recalibrate our digital lives through citizen centered innovation. This week-long event aims to establish a new community of creatives, students, industry and public, exploring social mobility through a digital lens.
Event partners include:
- Digital Maker Collective: University of the Arts London staff, students and alumni who explore emerging technologies in the arts.
- Open Design & Manufacturing OD&M: A knowledge alliance co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
- LionHeart In The Community: Empowering Local Communities through Sport, Apprenticeships and International Youth Exchange.
- Black Thrive: People of African and Caribbean descent suffer disproportionately when it comes to mental health and wellbeing
- Child Rights International Network: new and dynamic perspectives on human rights issues, with a focus on children’s rights.
- Happy Finish: ground-breaking creative studio, making new things in new ways. Retouch, CGI, XR, AI, Motion, VFX, Animation
Throughout the week, you will have the opportunity to engage in collaborative workshops and open debate, help us explore the pervasive impacts of technology on our everyday lives as we learn together through socially engaged digital practice.
At the end of this week-long event, we hope to establish the foundations to build a new sustainable future for the Beta Society, where we can continue meaningful and long-term engagement beyond the event.
For the full week-long programme or how to keep connected with the Beta Society after the event please visit the event website: http://betasociety.org and follow the event #betasociety hashtag.